This policy sets out adappt’s approach to equality and diversity. adappt is committed to promoting equality and diversity and promoting a culture that actively values difference and recognises that people from different backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights to the workplace and enhance the way we work.
adappt aims to be an inclusive organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities throughout employment including in the recruitment, training and development of employees, and to proactively tackling and eliminating discrimination.
2.Equality and diversity at adappt
At adappt, we consider that equality means breaking down barriers, eliminating discrimination and ensuring equal opportunities and access for all groups both in employment, and to goods and services.
We consider diversity to mean celebrating difference and valuing everyone. Each person is an individual with visible and non-visible differences and by respecting this everyone can feel valued for their contributions which is beneficial not only for the individual but for adappt too.
We acknowledge that equality and diversity are not interchangeable but interdependent. There can be no equality of opportunity if difference is not valued and harnessed.
The rights and obligations set out in this policy apply equally to all employees, whether part time or full time on a substantive or fixed-term contract, and also to associated persons such as secondees, agency staff, contractors and others employed under a contract of service.
You have personal responsibility for the application of this policy. As part of your employee induction, you are expected to read and familiarise yourself with this policy.
This policy is also of particular relevance to directors, line managers and other employees concerned with recruitment, training and promotion procedures and employment decisions which affect others.
4 . Aims of the Policy and Underpinning Principles
The aim of this policy is to ensure that, in carrying out its activities, adappt will have due regard to:
- Promoting equality of opportunity across all the activities of the Organization
- Promoting good relations between people of diverse backgrounds;
- Compliance with Employment Equality Acts 2010;
- Eliminating unlawful discrimination.
This policy is guided by the following principles:
- will enjoy a safe environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
- have equal access to quality services that are made available by the adappt and its partners.
- have equal access to opportunities for personal, professional or academic development and career progression and promotion opportunities.
- can participate fully in the work and life of the adappt Community and celebrate its diversity.
- employees at the adappt should reflect the diversity of talent, experience and skills from the local, national and international pool from which the adappt draws its workforce.
- have the right to be consulted about adappt policy, procedures and practices and are encouraged to contribute to the decision-making processes of the adappt, and
- the working environment will facilitate their conciliation of work and family responsibilities.
5. Implementation of the Policy
The successful implementation of all strands of this policy relies on the main streaming of equality and diversity issues within the adappt’s processes. This will be achieved through the implementation of agreed Action Plans, which will be developed and implemented by the HRDivision in conjunction with all adappt staff stakeholder groups.
Training will be provided to all managers and employees and their representatives to support the implementation of the policy. Further Appropriate actions will be identified and implemented on an ongoing basis.
Any employee who has a complaint concerning a breach of this policy may bring such a complaint to their line manager or Director Human Resources.
Complaints under this policy will be managed under the adappt Grievance Procedure, Policy & Procedures for workplace dignity and respect, or acceptable behavior in the work
This policy has been in operation since September 2012 and was reviewed in August 2017
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY DECLARATION:
This statement applies to adappt Ltd and all its subsidiaries.
Date: 22nd august 2017